maitrilibellule

What a few days it's been... The tense over-riding fear as my mother's death grows closer, so many changes happening faster than the speed of light and more, the stress finally got me in a physical way. I have a whopping case of the Shingles and I am in pain and exhausted. I want to touch base and explain what happened to the Sunday and Monday memes. It seems that life just will happen, and there's nothing you can do about it.

And the trouble is that I am in the contagious phase, so no one can come around me, and it's on My back and moving around under my arm. Itches like mad and if I try to scratch it ever so lightly pain shoots through me like a lightning bolt (I don't think that's fair play. It should either itch OR hurt, not itch so bad you think you will go insane and then the least little scratch sends shooting pains that seem to go through your back and out the front.) Be careful, don't let it land on you!

So if I don't write for a few days you'll know why, and I wouldn't want you to get too near me and get some horrid disease because I would feel guilty for the rest of my life and frankly I've got more than a lot going on. (Shrug...)

So take care of yourselves, stay out of trouble, don't go near contagious people, just knit or watch a movie or something. I'm self-medicating with movies. Good Lord, I tried to watch the Tom Cruise movie "Vanilla Sky" and I nearly went insane. Watched it over 2 nights and just couldn't go any further. I felt like I must be on some bad acid trip and I've never done drugs! Maybe it was the shingles. No, I think it's just a weird movie. I think I'll crochet a little and hope tonight's movie is better.

I'm about to get out my little violin and sit on my pity pot so I think I'd better go...

... itching, but not daring to scratch... sigh..

5 Responses
  1. Feel better soon. My Mother had shingles a few years ago and it developed into a very serious situation so please take care of yourself.


  2. Unknown Says:

    oh that sounds so painful, i am sorry that you are having to deal with this now. i really believe in natural medicines and i was looking shingles up. if you can get some herbs i believe that it will ease your pain and diminish your symptoms. if you would like to know more about this, please contact me. i do have the herbs that will help and i would be happy to send them to you. i will be sending you healing energies...hugz!


  3. I beg to differ.
    Mysterious Monday is NOT a bust.
    You've inspired some followers. If you don't believe me, just nick over to my blog and check it out (very slowly, though, as to not disturb the shingles.)
    When the time is right, you'll resume them, if it's meant to be. If not, no worries. :-)
    Sending you an uber-soft green blanket made of spider-silk to soothe away the electric itchies...

    Blessed Be,
    VSD


  4. Lidian Says:

    Oh dear - I hope you are feeling better very soon! You don't ever have to do a meme every week, it will always be there any week you want to do it. That's what is so nice about blogs and blogging (and books too) - they wait for you and are there when you want them...


  5. Maitri!
    Oh I'm so sorry!
    My thoughts are with you! Sending healing blessings, and much love. xoxoox
    I dont know how close to the ocean you may be, and I know it might be a bit chilly, but perhaps a dip in the salt water would work wonders. it has helped me many times.
    Also coconut oil will keep some itchies away from dryness. although I know it hurts to touch. oh sweetie, im so sorry.
    Don't worry about the blogs or anything like that! everyone who reads them or knows you loves you and completely understands. right now you have so many sending you healing and love. just remember that!
    here's some good movies I reccomend for times like this:
    'King of masks' (chinese, excellent, touching)
    'spring summer, winter, fall, spring again' (korean)
    'As good as it gets'. touching & funny
    and whY I cant think of so many others right now I am not sure.
    I'll send you more sugesstions later.
    the best one is, get better, we love you!
    xoxooxoxo
    love, love, love!
    Jenn


Post a Comment