maitrilibellule


We, the Council of Wisdom, affirm
• the spiritual essence of being and the magnificence of creation;
• the discoveries of science and the ongoing revelation of truth and wisdom through numerous individuals, institutions, works of art and literature, and systems of belief and religious practice;
• the inherent worth and dignity of every person regardless of race, creed, gender, economic condition or other distinctions;
• and our shared responsibility as members of the interdependent web of existence.
We
• renounce hatred and violence;
• support unprejudiced, empathetic dialogue leading to intelligent, humane, environmentally sound solutions to conflicts and problems in our world;
• and together reach toward a vision of global communion in peace and prosperity for all.




Mission Statement for The Council of Wisdom


I have been doing extensive research in my studies for building my ministry, and some weeks ago, I came upon The Council of Wisdom online. I applied to be a member and today found out that I was approved. Their goals are so in line with my own, I knew that being a part of their movement would help me help others, as my mission is global as well as local, it includes every race, creed, gender, sexual orientation and spiritual path around the world, as well as person to person, hand to hand, heart to heart. As I often write, Each one, reach one. Being part of the council will help me achieve my goals.

Two weeks from today I will be performing the wedding ceremony for my daughter and her beloved. At the same time I work online on the website, blog, and many facets of The Maitri Ministry. I will be working every day toward my goals, as I tend to my 5 dogs, 6 parrots, the garden, my studies, meditation, prayer, work in animal rescue, and tend the larger garden of the world. Every shape, color, and size. I extend my arms from an open heart to everyone I meet. As I've said, the world is my congregation, whether I speak to you for a few moments, counsel you for a period of time, or know you for the rest of my life, you will be precious to me. This is sincere and comes from the deepest part of me. This is my path for the rest of my life.

Performing my daughter's wedding ceremony is such a joyful thing that it has spurred me on to want to do more weddings. This includes alternative ceremonies of every type as well as those of gay men and women, or commitment ceremonies where it is not yet legal. All deserve the covenant of marriage, those who love and have a commitment to one another should have legal rights as well as the rights inherent in love and committing to a lifetime together. Those who belong to a church have a place and a manner in which to celebrate their marriages, and I celebrate with them. Those outside of the scope of organized religion need also have their union sanctified and recognized, and I shall be a minister who does just that. I am to unite the world in every possible way.

It is said that "United we stand, divided we fall." Never has that been more important than it is today. I dwell in unity, not derisiveness. In this fractured society I hope, in my own small way, to work toward wholeness, hope, compassion, love, and kindness. I believe that I can achieve my goals, for I shall join forces with the ranks of many others who are working toward just this in their own way. I am a minister of many colors, every color of the rainbow, not just one or two. I love, I give love, and, human, I seek love. You cannot move forward into helping another if you have not love for yourself. This, too, is part of the teaching of maitri.

I encourage you to visit The Council of Wisdom website. It is amazing. There is much to learn there, and, if you are open, it will help you grow and expand your thinking. All I ask, all I pray for, are open minds and an open heart. The rest will take care of itself.

With gentle love, with tenderness, with hope, and joy...


2 Responses
  1. Jude Says:

    Nice to see you back. I hope things are going well with you. I missed reading about your animals and birds and your life.


  2. Abdulrehman Says:

    Nice blog you have there. Just wanted to let you know that I was holding a contest on my blog which has prizes worth $1600+ with over 80,000 entrecard credits. I'm letting you know about this personally because the participants are pretty low and you kind of have a 100% chance of winning right now. There are over 8 ways to enter. Looking forward to your entry. Cheers! :)


Post a Comment